I really don’t think I fully appreciated everything he’s done for me.
Scratch that – I didn’t fully appreciate everything he’s done for me.
Scratch that – I still don’t fully appreciate everything he’s done for me. But I’m slowly learning. Nobody ever said I was the sharpest tack in the box…
I don’t have enough space here to recap everything he’s done or what makes him awesome (nor is my memory good enough to remember everything), but here’s a small sampling:
- He’s always been a great provider for the family
- He and Mom raised us five kids and we turned out pretty dang good (if I do say so myself)
- He didn’t sugar coat the world for us, but didn’t hold us back, either
- He’s the world’s foremost expert on his topic (deburring)
- He turned me on to country music
- He runs a successful business
- He travels all over the globe
- He encouraged us
- He still gives me grief for working on the Guinness World Record for attending the most colleges before getting my degree
- He hasn’t given up on trying to teach me things the easy way (that he learned the hard way)
No, he’s not perfect, but I wouldn’t trade him for any other father on this planet, past or present. I can only hope when my kids grow up they think of me in that same way.
Thanks, Dad. For everything.by