The Week In Review

Another week gone by, with very little for me to report.  I suppose it’s good in some way; there’s a lot to be said for not having crisis upon crisis piled up on you during the week.

Aside from the work week, anyway.  Plenty of crises there.

Monday and Tuesday were fairly non-eventful.  The normal craziness at work, but nothing too out of the ordinary.

Wednesday went a little haywire; after being in a full day video conference I ran a report just to see how things were looking for the first two weeks of the month…and discovered we’re running at a pace that’s 2x what was originally anticipated.  Truth be told we knew it was going to be more than 1x what we expected, but it’s currently double the volume and doesn’t show signs of stopping.  All the long-term projects I’m working on have moved from “highly important” status to “critial”.  The night was capped by a nice beat down on the Baylor Bears by my Kansas Jayhawks – good way to end the night.

Thursday was another day of meetings, which made Thursday night a late night.  I wandered out about 11:15.  The nice thing about being out that late is there’s no traffic to speak of – something I love.  I despise traffic, which is why I couldn’t live in New York City.  I also started drinking water infused with lemon, ginger root and cucumber with a little mint thrown in.  It’s supposed to be good for you.  If I make it right (and I haven’t succeeded…yet) it’s supposed to taste like 7-up.  We shall see.

Friday was a good day – after a good day at work I stopped by Barnes and Noble (my favorite bookstore) where I picked up photography magazine, then Amore Chocolate Pizza at Town Center.  We did the chocolate fondue buffet – ten different items (pineapple, angel food cake, pretzels, strawberries, etc.) that you put on a plate and then cover with dark chocolate or milk chocolate.  Couple that chocolate overload (it was incredible) with a Mayan hot chocolate (dark chocolate, skim milk and a mix of cayenne and some other spice – smooth hot chocolate with a kick) and it was a good night.

Saturday…not so much.  I got up at 9:00 with a horrible headache, so I laid right back down.  11:30 I woke up again…same headache, this time with an upset stomach.  Got up, took a shower, walked around a bit.  About noon crashed again until 1:30 or so.  Up…until 3:30 when I fell asleep on the couch.  5:00 or so up again, grabbed some Starbucks and did some reading.  I was tired the rest of the night but the headache wouldn’t leave so I couldn’t fall back asleep.  Finally passed out about 1am.  I did catch about three quarters of the Oklahoma State-Kansas game.  The last ten minutes of the first half Kansas dominated, giving them a 27 point lead at half.  Then they started to fall apart in the second half, being outscored 42-30.  Luckily 27-12 > 0 so the ‘hawks won…but come on, guys – it was at Allen Fieldhouse.  Should have been at least a 30-point victory.

Sunday was much better health-wise.  Up at 9, but still had the headache a little upset stomach.  Went out and spent some time roaming around in the fresh air (which was cold…but fresh) and felt immensely better.  A few hours at my favorite Dunn Bros getting stuff done and fleshing out my first Android app.  Debating whether or not I’ll take it to the iOS platform…but first I need to get some meat on the bones of it and get it working.  I think it’s a great idea – just got move it to reality now.  Also found out, however, that my sister’s friend Melissa is not doing well at all.  She’s the one who was doing extraordinarily well until a routine checkup revealed that the cancer was back with a vengeance.  It has completely drained her of energy to the point she hardly gets to see her five kids.  It breaks my heart – she’s younger than I am, and here she is battling something so horrible.  It’s so not fair – I envy her and her husband’s strength in the face of it – I don’t know if I could be that strong were I in that situation.

We’re preparing for some snow tonight – all night, I hear.  1-3 inches, naturally all the way through rush hour.  Have a great week – and please keep Melissa and her family in your thoughts and prayers.

(post image courtesy of suphakit73 /

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinby feather

What do you think?